Do You Use Social Media?

• 15 posts
    September 10, 2014 6:04 AM EDT
    Part of writing is promotion so I put this here in this section.

Do you use social media to promote your books? I've noticed that Twitter has become just a promotional tool and as such is just not all that interesting any more. I wonder now, how many people go on it to read what's up and how many are just on it for promotion. It's ruining Twitter as all I ever see are promotions now. Nothing of substance, or very little. As such, it's becoming less effective as a promotional tool.

Facebook has been waning in appeal also. Too many ads on it now. I hardly go on it and when I do, the updates I want are so peppered with ads that it's just becoming irrelevant and so, probably less effective for promotion.

Goodreads is a good place to go and I have a profile there but I need to get more active on it.

Google+, well, I've never really gotten into it.

So, what do you all use and what do you find is becoming irrelevant that perhaps was a popular promotional tool?

#bookpromotion
    • 41 posts
    February 17, 2023 11:17 AM EST

To be honest I haven't looked into this and it's worth taking a look again to see what new spaces there are to advertise your work.