Tablet, PC or Old Fashioned Stuff?

• 15 posts
    February 4, 2014 11:29 AM EST
    Do you use a Tablet, PC or perhaps old fashioned stuff to write your stories. I used to write on notebook paper with pencil (yes, nice, sharp pencil) and then moved toward black (never blue) pens. I found it easier to get into the story if I was actually writing as opposed to typing it.

I now use the PC but still do prefer the notebook (paper, not a laptop) for writing.

#writing
    • 1 posts
    September 5, 2014 8:11 PM EDT
    I'm "new age".I hate writing. Being left handed, it hurts to write for long, and smudges happen constantly. I generally use Open Office for mine, on a regular laptop. I do keep notebooks beside my bed, as it always seems that the best inspiration happens as I'm starting to drift off to sleep and will never remember it in the morning. I'll jot down ideas then when I wake up, store them in random notepad docs all over my computer with titles like "stuff", "phone ideas", "things to look at", etc. Haha. Eventually they get tossed or sorted and added to any current works-in-progress in Open Office.
    • 15 posts
    September 6, 2014 5:27 AM EDT
    I do the same thing with ideas. I have old envelopes, notebook paper, etc scattered with ideas.
  • September 20, 2014 9:47 PM EDT
    I started on paper with black ink. Moved to an Ipad. Always carry notebook with me since ideas come at the oddest times. I have a dozen or so of the spiral bound colored index cards. Take them with me when I'm on a plane.
  • September 21, 2014 1:34 AM EDT
    I use the old fashioned method to bounce around ideas while I'm developing the characters and the setting, but I prefer to use a PC while doing my actual writing. The words seem to flow quicker when I'm looking at a computer screen.
    • 41 posts
    March 3, 2023 9:08 PM EST

Anything at hand I can write a quick thought on and transfer to a notebook paper and then a word document.