NaNoWriMo Junior

• 15 posts
    November 5, 2014 11:14 AM EST
    Some of us cannot do the NaNoWriMo for various reasons but it's still a great idea. This thread is for those that would like to do it but for whatever reason can't. How about we use this opportunity to spur each other on, to get inspiration for some work for November. No pressure to write a set amount in x amount of time. This can be sort of a Junior Nano. We can just post our accomplishments as we do them. Such as, "wrote x pages" or "edited x chapters". Whatever we accomplish, we can post as it's so nice to see progress.

I will start with, I was pleased to have done another The Darkening chapter and introduced Cora Jean, one of the adults at the end of last month.The next chapter has been forming too but it's fighting with that Mirror of Dreams SIP and with The Key.
    • 1 posts
    November 5, 2014 3:31 PM EST
    I'll go nextI have added another chapter to Enthralled, my current work in progress. It's harder to get into because it's a male POV, but I'm really working on getting there, as I do love the "tortured hero" aspect of it. http://literarysocial.com/article/39/work-in-progress-enthralled/
  • November 5, 2014 4:04 PM EST
    I'll go next. I'm currently working on chapter five of my SIP. I've only written about a paragraph, but it's a paragraph more than I had three weeks ago :>
    • 15 posts
    November 5, 2014 4:57 PM EST
    WOOT! Woot for us!
  • November 5, 2014 9:33 PM EST
    I guess I'm next. I added 500 words to my first book. Getting closer to the end.
    • 15 posts
    November 8, 2014 10:47 AM EST
    I'm pleased with my rewriting of The Key. It is getting better and I've already added about 2000 more words.Why a rewrite for an editing process? It was suggested by my Son, author Hydrawolf (obviously not his real name lol) and this process does seem to be working. Basically, get the first draft done. Then, have it open in one small window and start a new version in another. Rewrite the whole thing, while reading the original. So, I read some and then go to the new doc and rewrite that. This helps clarify things, edit it, and add stuff or remove stuff where needed.
    • 15 posts
    November 1, 2016 10:06 AM EDT
    Alrighty! It's time for #NaNoWriMo and so it's also time for our Junior version of it. Feel free to post!